Thursday, May 03, 2007

the rest of the tour


So below you can see one shot of my street - here's a few more.
We're a few blocks off the businesses of Wisconsin Ave, and a few one-way and dead-end streets set the area off from the traffic. In the photo there's actually available parking, which isn't the case once the sun goes down. And I'm not looking forward to the headache coming up as we try to get a permanent parking pass.

The basement we're inhabiting isn't quite big enough for all our stuff - most of which has been packed up since we left the country in late '05. At the time, we thought we cut down all our possessions. Now I don't know where we'll put it all, especially since our closet is about a foot wide. I did get the important stuff worked out - the computer, TV and stereo are all hooked together after a run to Radio Shack for $25 worth of cables. So my clothes are all over the place, but I can download, watch and listen all through electronic entertainment bundle.

Our basement falls in the middle of a block of row houses, which I'm sure look nicer now than they will in November.

On the other side, where the entry/exit point to our humble basement actually leads, is the alley, and on the other side Whitehaven Park, part of Rock Creek park, which takes up most of North-central DC.

Today I made up my mind to go running for an hour in the park. I made it about 5 minutes. I was actually out moving in the park for an hour, but I only managed to run about a quarter of the time. Bad showing. Since I've got no real employment to worry about, I guess I'll have to work at that.


No comments: