Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I've been in Atlanta two and a half days, and my only impressions of the city so far is this: the food seems designed to kill rather than nourish.
Today I ordered a meal that was listed on the receipt thusly: "1 coronary bypass, med."

And today was actually a detox day. After meeting up with friends in D.C. Friday night and lots more friends here in Atlanta Saturday night, being behind on sleep and going out for a while again last night, a detox day was needed. Mostly, I think more sleep is needed.

Tomorrow, I'll venture into the city rather than just the bars and apartments of friends. At least that's the plan.

3 comments:

Liz Allman said...

Just vacationing?

Anonymous said...

Yeah - taking some time to see some friends in Atlanta and New Orleans before really settling into D.C.

Liz Allman said...

Avoiding employment just a little while longer?