Thursday, July 06, 2006

getting my travel photos up to you


I haven't been very good about putting up photos lately, so I'll try to remedy that in the next couple of weeks.

I will give you a few now - these are from our trip to the World's Steepest Street (apparently it's in the Guiness Book of Records, but I've never actually checked) across town.

We walked up the street - then back down. Apparently it's about a 1:1.26 gradient, which means it's damn near at a 45-degree angle. All I know is that it's a steep walk. And it seems crazy to me the number of driveways with cars in them just off the street - that's a hell of an end to the daily commute.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is steeper than any street in San Francisco? I thought there couldn't be any steeper ones than those found around Russian Hill or Pacific Heights. I wore out my clutch taking visitors around.

Next time you and Kirsten are in the Bay Area, we'll make sure to take you around the city. But who can argue with the Guinness record.

Been enjoying your blogs, Daimon. I've recommended it to friends who are thinking of checking out NZ as a vacation destination.

Cheers,
Bart