Wednesday, September 17, 2008

nearing the end


Sunset at Nationals Park
Originally uploaded by slack13
I'm out out Nationals Park for one of the last games I'll see this season (my personal countdown has me working four more games).

I won't really be sad to see this season gone - the Nationals have rarely been pleasurable to watch, and I'm about done of the long days I end up with when I work a day job and a night game. When I do a full three-game series, like this week, my sleep total takes a serious hit.

But I've had a chance to be out at the park for probably more than 20 games this summer, and I've also seen games in Baltimore and Seattle - a good summer all around. I need to put up a few more park reviews, I suppose.

A preview of the Nationals Park review: this photo shows one of the nicest aspects of the park - the view of the Capitol - and also gives a glimpse of the worst aspects of the park - the parking garage in left field that blocks the view for everyone that's not in the upper upper deck.

No comments: