Monday, October 22, 2007

Denver

I left the friendly confines of D.C. this weekend, heading west to Denver.

Originally, the trip was to see friends and go to the Broncos game Sunday night (which turned out to be a good choice; the Broncos pulled out a last-minute win). But since the Rockies made the World Series, I extended the trip to stay in Denver for the games.

This morning, the World Series tix went on sale. Or were supposed to. The online-only sales were completely ineffective as the servers were jammed. A few hours ago the team announced they were suspending sales (after they reportedly sold just a few hundred of the nearly 60,000 available today) and will restart sales "later."

I didn't hold out much hope to get tickets regardless; I just wanted to be in the city while the games were going on. But I can't decide if this helps or hurts my chances - since I've got nothing to do but sit at the computer all week, I've got more flexibility to deal with these online problems than most. So perhaps I'll get Series tickets after all.

1 comment:

Liz Allman said...

Give Tommy a hug for me and tell him what a bad friend I am that I never return your calls.