Friday, October 26, 2007

Denver, again

I got into Denver a week ago. When I landed at DIA, it was almost 80 degrees. On Sunday, I woke up to a significant snowfall - a couple inches of white carpet on the ground. It stuck, covered lawns - not just a few flakes dusting the ground. Most of the snow melted during the afternoon, but there was still a pile on the edges of Mile High during the Broncos game. There was even a brief moment late in the game when a few more flakes started to fall, which gave some energy to the crowd (even though it'd warmed up during the day, it was a cold night).

Ever since, it's been in the 60s or 70s. No winter trip here, although the snow was a nice taste of what I'm not going to get in D.C., where I'm told the winters tend to be cold, wet and gray rather than colder, crisp and snow-filled.

Not that I've taken advantage of the weather. Monday and Tuesday were spent staring at computer screens trying to get World Series tickets for the games this weekend, which turned into an exercise in frustration. So no tickets for me, unless something completely unforeseen happens. However, I will be making my way into downtown Denver to see some of the craziness and hopefully see at least one Rockies win before heading back to D.C.

No comments: