Friday, August 24, 2007

big city life, again

So for the last couple months my bike has been out of commission, waiting for a new gear cable. My roommate had the technical expertise to do the job, but our timing kept being off and I had to make a couple different runs to the bike shop to get the right cable and parts.

This weekend, everything finally came together, or so I'm told. While I was out running around town, my roommate put the bike together and it was ready to ride.
Early this week, a combination of rain and sickness kept me from testing it out. Yesterday, I decided an evening ride was in order. I walked out to our back yard where it had been stored under the porch, and no bike. The other two bikes were there, as well as various assorted other items, but my bike was gone.

So now I'm wondering, did they wait until the new cable was installed? Did they decide only one bike was needed, and left the others there? And what to do this weekend, now my idea of a nice ride is out of the picture?

1 comment:

Liz Allman said...

Are you already referring to your wife as your roommate?