Friday, April 20, 2007

a plan

My work on the Springfield, Mo., ice storm disaster-recovery effort is done. (At least as officially as it can be - they never really tell you when you're finished, you just go "on call." But it's in the last gasping stages, and there's almost a zero chance of more work for me).
So I'm headed up to Columbia this weekend to relive my glory days. Then back to Springfield to finalze packing effort, then next week head to DC with stops in St. Louis and Indianapolis (hopefully a game at the new Busch will be involved). Then I'll land in DC just in time to ... well, at this point I have no idea what I'll be doing in DC. Looking for work and ways to earn money. Exploring the city, and reaquainting myself with the tourist spots I saw years ago. Piling through a to-do list that has built up since I just couldn't get myself motivated at the end of 12-hour days (or even the shorter ones). Perhaps a little road trip thrown in for good measure.

2 comments:

Liz Allman said...

You should come crash with us for few days!

Anonymous said...

might be a bit out of the way...