Monday, April 16, 2007

a destination, anyway

Almost five months after our return to the country, we've finally moved past crashing with friends and family without an idea of where we'd finally settle.
Kirsten landed a job in Washington, D.C., and that's where we're going next. (Well, she's already there. I'm hanging onto the job here in Missouri as long as I can, then heading east as well).
I still think of myself as someone whose rightful place is on the West coast, but I just keep moving further and further away. I think I'll manage - I'm happy to be heading somewhere where the metro population can be expressed in seven digits, rather than five.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Damon!

Welcome back. This is Kevin Walters. Drop me a line at kevin123@comcast.net.

Later,
kw

Liz Allman said...

Just stay focused on the food. Lots of good food. I empathize with the whole lack of nightlife thing. Just remember NYC is no too far to drive. Congrats to Kirsten though!