Sunday, August 28, 2005

we're off

Or will be soon. Off to the ballgame, anyway.
Friday we ditched the car in favor of air travel from Portland to San Jose, where I have relatives. Since Aug. 1, I have driven approx. 4,000 miles across this Great Land of ours (well, perhaps 2,000 miles across great land, and the rest across places like Kansas).
Today is my last day in-country for some time, although the thought doesn't really sink in, considering I haven't had a destination with this much unknown involved since leaving home for college.
I do, however, have a good last day planned. A day game at SBC Park watching the Giants and the Mets (what better last day in the U.S.A. activity than a baseball game?) along with a meal in San Francisco.
Then board the plane, which should leave the ground of SFO at 9:45 p.m. Sounds like I'll be in the air as the apocalypse bears down on New Orleans. I'll be hoping everything survives, so the city is just as I left it for my return.

No comments: