Thursday, November 08, 2007

Denver, long after

I just realized I never finished the story started in my past posts.

I obviously didn't end up with tickets, but for Game 3 Tom and I made our way downtown and found a spot in a bar just across the street from Coors Field.

For most of the game, it actually looked like the Rockies might have a chance. When the Red Sox broke it open late, we decided to see if we could find a soft spot in the stadium's defenses.

We wandered across the street around the eighth inning and walked around toward the back of the stadium. A few fans were starting to leave, but most of the gates were still well-guarded against the ticketless like us. We did find what looked to be a possible weak point, with a large open area between the fence/gate and the actual stadium. The ushers were some distance from the gate, and Tom and I managed to step just inside the fence. When we actually moved for the stadium, the ushers caught on. They intercepted Tom. I was in front and had a chance of getting in, but figured I'd stop as well (I would have had a hard time getting back to his place without him).

So we didn't get in to see the game. We did get to watch the game with a buzzing atmosphere, although the spirit was considerably lessened the next day looking at a 3-0 hole (and then a 4-0 loss).

No comments: