Monday, July 30, 2007

Two of my favorite quotes from the wedding came from friends who weren't even there.

A few days afterward, I checked me email and saw this message from Ryan regarding a blog post my brother Scott wrote:

I saw Scott's blog post, which was abbreviated in the RSS directory to "Today is my brother's wedding. It was a disa....", which I naturally extended to "disaster". I clicked on it with a beating heart, but as you probably know, the word was "disappointment". So I'm glad to hear that it was not disastrous, at least as far as Scott knows.

(And the disappointment was not in the quality of the wedding. It was because my brother couldn't be there, as the Peace Corps decided to send him to Jamaica with some poor timing.)

The other message came just a day ago, from a friend in my old haunt of Hattiesburg.

Welcome back to your life! Not having to plan a wedding anymore may be the biggest single relief in the world.


True that.

No comments: