Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Fire


The day after
Originally uploaded by slack13
Here's a post I just never got around to writing-

Two days after my arrival in D.C. (April 30) a pair of local landmarks burned. The one which caught most of the city's attention was in the Eastern Market. On the same day, the Georgetown Library, just down the street from my house, also caught fire.
I've still never been to the Eastern Market (the merchants are still up and running, although in temporary locations while the building is being repaired). I've never been into the Georgetown Library, either, but I'd certainly planned to. Now I don't know what the closest library to my house is, but it's not within easy walking distance.
I'm not sure if the spate of fires in interesting buildings upon my D.C. arrival bodes poorly for my future in the city.

1 comment:

Liz Allman said...

Tragic! Chad and I shopped at Eastern Market all the time when we were going through our Iron Chef phase. Best cheese in all of DC was to be found in Eastern Market.