Sunday, March 11, 2007

radio

For the last month, I've been driving a car with Sirius satellite radio. It has one channel of particular interest to me: the international radio channel. Particularly the Irish and Australian broadcasts, since we listened to those channels while in rental cars in their lands of origin.

Since we've gotten back to the States, the travels have receded into the background of my mind (especially now, while working 12 hour days - everything has receded into the back of my mind as a sleep-deprived haze has blocked out most of my thoughts). Listening to foriegn radio, however, brought on a kick of nostalgia.

Also, a bit of a realization: listening to two commentators debate on Irish radio, I actually heard one concede a point to the other. When's the last time that happened on any program in the States?

No comments: