Thursday, February 22, 2007

tired

Obviously, I haven't kept to my goal of regular posting. At least now, I have a semi-excuse. In order to make some cash K and I picked up a short-term job in Springfield, Mo. Ice storms a few weeks ago were bad enough to earn a disaster designation from FEMA, which means FEMA is picking up the tab to clean out all the tree limbs. Of course, because it's FEMA, it's not an easy process. Which is where we come in -we're earning cash watching the crews doing the actual work, doing our part to add another layer of bureaucracy to the process. Not a bad gig, since we're not really doing any actual work other than filling out paperwork, and not bad pay. Bad hours, though. About 12 of them each day, six or seven days a week. Last week, I put in 74 hours. Even without doing hard work during the day, I don't have much time to do anything else. Certainly not enough time left over for sleeping, as far as I'm concerned.

No comments: